County Councilman Nate Nehring’s major accomplishments since joining the Snohomish County Council have led to several major bipartisan endorsements from community organizations and local leaders from both parties. Examples of Councilman Nehring’s achievements include his vote to renovate the courthouse which saved taxpayers over $150 million, his legislation banning heroin injection sites in Snohomish County, and his commitment to opposing property tax increases. Below is a summary of Councilman Nehring’s endorsements:
- 20+ State Senators and Representatives
- 30+ Mayors, City Council Members, and School Board Members
- Republican leaders such as Dino Rossi and John Koster
- Democrat leaders such as Bob Drewel and Ray Stephanson
- Law enforcement – Snohomish County Deputy Sheriff’s Association, Marysville Police Officer’s Association, Sheriff Ty Trenary
- News organizations – The Everett Herald, The Marysville Globe, The Arlington Times
- Labor organizations – The Snohomish County Labor Council, Teamsters, AFSCME, NW Carpenters, ATU, Laborers, Plumbers and Pipefitters
- Farming community – Snohomish County Farm Bureau and Washington State Farm Bureau
- Misc. organizations – Affordable Housing Council, Realtor’s Association, Citizen’s Alliance for Property Rights (“Outstanding” rating), Snohomish County Republican Party
I am humbled by the trust that the voters have placed in me. It is a true honor to represent the great people of North Snohomish County.
The latest results have our campaign in 1st place! This puts us in a strong position going into the general election, but we will not take anything for granted. We will continue to work hard to earn as many votes as possible in November.
What tonight’s results show is that our positive, issue-oriented campaign resonated with the voters. I am so blessed to have a wonderful team of volunteers who have worked to make this result possible. On to the general!
For Immediate Release – July 14, 2017
(1) Councilman Nehring has made significant accomplishments since taking office.
- Nate has consistently opposed tax increases and wasteful spending; his vote to renovate the courthouse rather than build a brand new, expensive courthouse saved over $150 million in taxpayer dollars
- Nate has formed valuable partnerships with law enforcement, churches, and other stakeholders to combat the regional heroin epidemic; he has drafted legislation to give our law enforcement more flexibility in dealing with nuisance homes and drug abuse
- As Vice Chair of Snohomish County Tomorrow, Nate has been a strong advocate for the Arlington-Marysville MIC; this will potentially generate 10,000+ family-wage manufacturing jobs in North Snohomish County
- Nate has consistently voted against overbearing regulations; he has received an “Outstanding” rating from the Citizen’s Alliance for Property Rights
- Nate has prioritized traffic congestion relief and is working closely with staff to ensure local projects are completed on time and within budget.
Click here to learn more about County Councilman Nate Nehring’s accomplishments and qualifications.
(2) Councilman Nehring has earned the endorsements of 100+ statewide and local leaders.
- Nate is endorsed by every elected Republican in Snohomish County
- Nate is endorsed by both former District 1 Councilmembers, John Koster and Ken Klein
- Nate is endorsed by 8 Mayors and 20+ City Councilmembers throughout the County
- Nate is endorsed by 20 state legislators, including Senator Dino Rossi
- Nate is endorsed by law enforcement, including the Snohomish County Deputy Sheriff’s Association and Snohomish County Sheriff Ty Trenary
- Nate is endorsed by the Snohomish County Farm Bureau and the Washington State Farm Bureau
- Nate is endorsed by the Snohomish County-Camano Association of Realtors
- Nate is endorsed by the Affordable Housing Council
- Nate is endorsed by the Snohomish County Republican Party
- Nate has received an “Outstanding” rating from the Citizen’s Alliance for Property Rights
Click here to learn more about County Councilman Nate Nehring’s endorsements.
(3) Councilman Nehring, a former teacher, has brought an attitude of servant leadership to Snohomish County.
A former middle school teacher and planning commissioner, Nate and his wife, Savannah, have been active members of their community. Nate volunteers as a tutor for students with disabilities, as a soccer coach, as well as a youth group leader at their church. Nate has brought this attitude of servant leadership to the Snohomish County Council. He regularly meets with the residents of North Snohomish County and listens to their concerns and priorities. Not only does Nate listen, he follows up with action. For example, just recently Nate met with a group of concerned residents in the Arlington Heights area about a nuisance home with squatters, drug abuse, etc. Nate joined law enforcement in meeting with residents, visiting the home, and brainstorming potential solutions. Currently, Nate has drafted legislation to give law enforcement more flexibility in dealing with these types of nuisance homes and drug abuse.
To contact County Councilman Nate Nehring with questions or comments, you can call his cell at (425) 512-2120 or send him an email at email@example.com.
Vote Nate Nehring for Snohomish County Council District 1!
“Nehring has shown that party leaders and the County Council made the right choice in selecting him for the 1st District seat. Voters should have the same confidence in electing him to office.”
Editorial: Nehring and Low for Snohomish County Council
Councilman Nehring has received endorsements from the entire Republican delegation of Washington State Senators and Representatives who represent our county in Olympia. In addition, statewide leaders such as Dino Rossi and Bill Bryant have also endorsed Nate to retain his seat on the Snohomish County Council in 2017.
For Immediate Release – May 10, 2017
Last night, 130+ supporters rallied behind County Councilman Nate Nehring at his official Campaign Kickoff event. Special guests that were a part of the program included Former Candidate for Governor of WA Bill Bryant, State Rep. John Koster, State Senator Barbara Bailey, Executive Director Ken Klein, and Nate’s fellow County Councilman Sam Low.
To date, Councilman Nehring has raised nearly $80,000 and has received numerous endorsements from top statewide and local leaders. Nate and his campaign team have been working hard to earn votes by knocking on doors throughout North County, listening to the priorities of constituents, and getting signs put up around the 1st Council District.
Councilman Nehring has shown great leadership in his first few months on the Snohomish County Council and we are going to work hard to ensure that he retains his seat in 2017!
I am honored to have received the endorsement of my fellow County Council member, Sam Low. Sam and I are both running to hold our seats on the county council in 2017. We share the vision of advocating for conservative principles at the county level. Sam is a great public servant and I look forward to continuing to work together in the years to come!