For Immediate Release – July 14, 2017
(1) Councilman Nehring has made significant accomplishments since taking office.
- Nate has consistently opposed tax increases and wasteful spending; his vote to renovate the courthouse rather than build a brand new, expensive courthouse saved over $150 million in taxpayer dollars
- Nate has formed valuable partnerships with law enforcement, churches, and other stakeholders to combat the regional heroin epidemic; he has drafted legislation to give our law enforcement more flexibility in dealing with nuisance homes and drug abuse
- As Vice Chair of Snohomish County Tomorrow, Nate has been a strong advocate for the Arlington-Marysville MIC; this will potentially generate 10,000+ family-wage manufacturing jobs in North Snohomish County
- Nate has consistently voted against overbearing regulations; he has received an “Outstanding” rating from the Citizen’s Alliance for Property Rights
- Nate has prioritized traffic congestion relief and is working closely with staff to ensure local projects are completed on time and within budget.
Click here to learn more about County Councilman Nate Nehring’s accomplishments and qualifications.
(2) Councilman Nehring has earned the endorsements of 100+ statewide and local leaders.
- Nate is endorsed by every elected Republican in Snohomish County
- Nate is endorsed by both former District 1 Councilmembers, John Koster and Ken Klein
- Nate is endorsed by 8 Mayors and 20+ City Councilmembers throughout the County
- Nate is endorsed by 20 state legislators, including Senator Dino Rossi
- Nate is endorsed by law enforcement, including the Snohomish County Deputy Sheriff’s Association and Snohomish County Sheriff Ty Trenary
- Nate is endorsed by the Snohomish County Farm Bureau and the Washington State Farm Bureau
- Nate is endorsed by the Snohomish County-Camano Association of Realtors
- Nate is endorsed by the Affordable Housing Council
- Nate is endorsed by the Snohomish County Republican Party
- Nate has received an “Outstanding” rating from the Citizen’s Alliance for Property Rights
Click here to learn more about County Councilman Nate Nehring’s endorsements.
(3) Councilman Nehring, a former teacher, has brought an attitude of servant leadership to Snohomish County.
A former middle school teacher and planning commissioner, Nate and his wife, Savannah, have been active members of their community. Nate volunteers as a tutor for students with disabilities, as a soccer coach, as well as a youth group leader at their church. Nate has brought this attitude of servant leadership to the Snohomish County Council. He regularly meets with the residents of North Snohomish County and listens to their concerns and priorities. Not only does Nate listen, he follows up with action. For example, just recently Nate met with a group of concerned residents in the Arlington Heights area about a nuisance home with squatters, drug abuse, etc. Nate joined law enforcement in meeting with residents, visiting the home, and brainstorming potential solutions. Currently, Nate has drafted legislation to give law enforcement more flexibility in dealing with these types of nuisance homes and drug abuse.
To contact County Councilman Nate Nehring with questions or comments, you can call his cell at (425) 512-2120 or send him an email at email@example.com.
Vote Nate Nehring for Snohomish County Council District 1!